Over at Goodreads I gave myself another reading challenge. Last year, I challenged myself to read 12 books but read 20 instead. This year I am raising it to 25. I think that is manageable. I am planning to read at least 2 books a month with 1 “thick” book that I might not finish in a month.
Why such a low number as compared to other readers? I am a “slow” reader. I usually read for pleasure. For that my reading speed is almost equal to my speaking speed.
- As a Star Trek Lit fan, at least six of the 2013 releases.
- the novelization of Star Trek Into Darkness that I should read after I see the film
- the four book mini-series The Fall, in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- and Rise of the Federation: A Choice of Futures, an Enterprise novel set on the years after the Federation was founded
- At least 2 science fiction classic novels. Books by H.G. Wells will fit the bill.
- At least one English translation of a non-English science fiction book. The English edition of Apocalipsis Z: Los días oscuros (Spanish original) that I bought already will qualify.
- A “thick” book. I already have Stephen King’s Under the Dome on by TBR list.
- At least 2 classic novels that are not science fiction or fantasy.
- The Hobbit and at least the first book The Lord of Rings trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring.
- If possible, a science fiction or fantasy novel written by a Filipino. If I can’t find one, at least 2 novellas by a Filipino author or at least one anthology of short stories by a group of Filipino authors.